Hello everyone! Welcome to this weekly roundup of Investing stories from deputy editor Joe Ciolli. Please subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every week.
Hello and welcome to Insider Investing. I’m Joe Ciolli, and I’m here to guide you through the current market and investing landscape. The newsletter will be taking a week off and returning on June 6. Here’s what’s on the docket:
- We spoke to famed crypto trader Scott Melker, aka “The Wolf of All Streets. He laid out his strategy for identifying 100x-return opportunities, and shared five under-the-radar tokens he’s bullish on.
- Not everyone believes the Fed’s assertion that stronger-than-expected inflation will be a temporary hiccup. We chatted with a pair of stock chiefs to learn their playbooks for safeguarding against a damaging inflation spike.
- The founders of a crypto asset hedge fund unpacked why they shifted to ether after being overweight bitcoin. Su Zhu and Kyle Davies also shared how ether could overtake bitcoin and go over $25,000 in the short- to medium- term.
Scott Melker, aka “The Wolf of All Streets,” is a legend in the world of crypto trading. He spoke with Insider about how he balances his investing and trading strategy.
He specifically laid out his strategy for identifying 100x-return opportunities, and shared five under-the-radar tokens he’s bullish on.
Read the full story here:
‘Wolf of All Streets’ crypto trader Scott Melker breaks down his strategy for making money using ‘HODLing’ and 100X trade opportunities — and shares 5 under-the-radar tokens he thinks could explode
Markets have shown vulnerability to inflation fears in recent weeks. Experts across Wall Street have had to decide whether they trust the Fed that rising prices are “transitory,” or if they think a damaging inflation shock is looming.
We spoke to a pair of stock chiefs to learn their playbooks for safeguarding against inflation.
Read the full stories here:
‘Inflation could destroy today’s darlings’: An equities chief overseeing $7.5 billion has been preparing for inflation since June — Here’s his playbook and 2 sectors set to surge
The chief strategist at a $1.5 billion firm breaks down why stocks are staring down a period of weak returns in the months ahead as investors misjudge the recovery — and says they are also mistaking how the Fed will react to inflation
Su Zhu and Kyle Davies are the founders of the crypto asset hedge fund Three Arrows Capital. In a recent podcast appearance, they discussed how they rebalanced to ether after being overweight bitcoin. They also shared how ether could overtake bitcoin and go over $25,000 in the short- to medium-term.
Read the full story here:
The founders of a crypto-asset hedge fund break down how ether could overtake bitcoin in market cap — and why the second-largest cryptocurrency will go over at least $25,000 in the short- to medium-term
Stock pick central
Seeking experts who are willing to name names? Look no further:
- UBS says to buy these 42 ‘new momentum’ stocks that are poised to outperform in a rising inflation environment
- Goldman Sachs says these 23 stocks have strong pricing power and rock-solid margins that could protect against soaring inflation
- Buy these 20 infrastructure stocks set to crush the market as Congress prepares a multi-trillion-dollar deal, Raymond James says
- Bank of America breaks down 3 winning sports betting stocks to buy in a crowded and highly volatile market — including one set to surge 62%
- Buy these 25 stocks that have the rare combo of highly reliable profits and cheap valuations, UBS says
- The product manager for VanEck’s digital asset ETF told us 3 stocks in the space to take advantage of the crypto revolution — and broke down why blockchain threatens to disrupt entire industries